If you caught my instagram story today, you’d have seen that I was baking up a storm! Peanut butter cookies are my favorite type of cookie and they’re so easy to make at home. And homemade is the only way to truly enjoy them. Not to mention, get them to be perfectly soft, chewy and delicious. Anyway, they’re really easy and a lot of you thought the process looked yummy, so I’ve decided to dedicate a blog post to their recipe so you can all smell and taste them for yourselves too!
PS yes, that is a holiday platter and yes, I know Halloween hasn’t even passed yet, lol.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 Cup butter softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter and and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add in egg, mix until smooth and scrape the bowl. Repeat with peanut butter and vanilla.
- Whisk baking soda, powder,salt and flour in a separate bowl and slowly add to the wet ingredients. Mix until no dry spots remain.
- Scoop dough into 2-3 tsp balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Using the tines of a fork, gently press a criss-cross pattern into the top of each ball to slightly flatten. Sprinkle the tops with a bit of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies are done when just lightly lightly browned on the bottom and just barely starting to get a little color around the edges.